New Moon in Scorpio
This is an archived report. Go to the Current Month’s New Moon Report
New Moon in Scorpio, November 1, 2005 at 8:25 PM EST, at 9° 43′.
The New Moon is a time of rebirtha time when we are given a chance to start fresh. The New Moon in the passionate and regenerative sign of Scorpio will occur on November 1, 2005, at 8:25 PM EST.
What does that mean for you? The New Moon in Scorpio presents an opportune time to commit to personal goals that express the positive energies of the sign of the Scorpion:
- take steps towards self-mastery and self-empowerment by tackling things that undermine us and that take away our power (compulsive behaviors, addictions, large debts);
- understand that changes and endings are necessary for our soul growth;
- work on learning to merge with another human being on an intimate level without feeling like we have lost ourselves;
- instead of assuming that others do or should see life the same way as we do, learn to try to understand why others don’t share the same values;
- develop our personal magnetism by working on strength and depth of character;
- release our fear of confrontations and of heavy emotional situations, recognizing that although they may be uncomfortable, these situations can lead us toward psychological healing;
- take steps to manage and handle our shared resources with a partner (or ex-partner) in a more positive fashion.
A time of new beginnings, this New Moon is a rather “challenged” one, as it squares Saturn and Neptune, and loosely opposes retrograde Mars. A trine from Uranus seems to be its “saving grace”. This lunation emphasizes a new beginning in the fixed water sign of Scorpio. It’s a time when we can focus on some of the constructive traits of the sign of the Scorpion–passionate, resourceful, focused, probing, deep, and perceptive–and consider how to positively incorporate these qualities into our lives. Scorpio New Moons are generally good for working on our self-mastery skills. We may want to pinpoint the things in our lives that make us feel out of control, such as addictions and debts, and work on freeing ourselves of these emotional burdens. This New Moon cycle is also an opportune one to explore what is missing in our lives that leads us to engage in these self-destructive behaviors.
One of Scorpio’s “lessons” involve learning to dig deeper into the mysteries around us instead of always being content with status quo. Taking the time to understand others’ motives can enrich our feelings of intimacy, forgiveness, and sense of meaning. Scorpio also teaches us that dedication to one meaningful relationship or undertaking can be significantly more satisfying than spreading ourselves around. Here, “quality over quantity” applies. We might want to use this cycle to work on focusing on and developing one special project or relationship in order to help add purposefulness and depth to our lives.
The New Moon will occur at 9 degrees and 43 minutes of Scorpio (9°43′). Where is that position in your own natal chart? Look to the affairs of that house for a more personalized meaning of the New Moon. Read more about the New Moon in the houses.