New Moon in Leo
This is an archived report. Go to the Current Month’s New Moon Report
New Moon in Leo, August 4th, 2005 at 11:05 PM EDT, at 12 48.
The New Moon is a time of rebirtha time when we are given a chance to start fresh. The New Moon in the proud and warm sign of Leo will occur on August 4, 2005, at 11:05 PM EDT.
What does that mean for you? The New Moon in Leo presents an opportune time to commit to personal goals that express the positive energies of the sign of the Lion:
- build our self-confidence by discovering our paths as distinct individuals, and express ourselves confidently;
- uncover our unique creative powers;
- make a conscious effort to deal with others in a more personal, involved, and loving manner, rather than falling back on reason and intellect which detaches us from our feelings;
- begin a new romance–whether that’s with a person or a creative hobby–or re-commit to our enjoyment of an existing romance;
- commit to adding more leisure time and “play” time to our lives;
- allow ourselves to assert our individuality by taking an educated risk;
- allow our “inner child” to come out and play;
- commit to plans related to games, sports, recreation, speculation, hobbies, children, romance and dating.
This month’s New Moon is conjunct retrograde Mercury and sextile Jupiter in Libra. With focused Leo energy and a boost from benevolent Jupiter, we have quite a few tools at our disposal to launch new plans and projects that should bear fruit. We’re inspired, poised to solve problems confidently and with authority, and we’re filled with good intentions. It’s a good time to develop warmer communication skills, and it’s an excellent cycle for infusing our romantic lives with fun, good-spirited energy. Be aware, however, that Neptune opposes the New Moon, suggesting that we might be seeing what we want to see rather than what really is. It would be wise to reflect upon what we might be deluding ourselves about, especially since Jupiter is helping us find those answers in a kind and positive manner.
Some of Leo’s “lessons” involve taking pride in ourselves as unique individuals, assuming responsibility for our lives, and giving ourselves warmly and generously to others. This New Moon period is an excellent time to meditate upon some of the characteristics of Leo. Think about the keywords for this self-expressive fire sign — such things as proud, magnanimous, generous, hospitable, caring, warm, authoritative, active, and open — and consider ways to incorporate these traits into your personality. We all have Leo somewhere in our charts. Seek this month to improve those areas of life. It’s time to awaken the “inner child” in ourselves and to find ways to creatively express it.
The New Moon will occur at 12 degrees and 48 minutes of Leo (12°48′). Where is that position in your own natal chart? Look to the affairs of that house for a more personalized meaning of the New Moon. Read more about the New Moon in the houses.