New Moon in Capricorn
This is an archived report. Go to the Current Month’s New Moon Report
New Moon in Capricorn, January 10, 2005 at 7:03 AM EST.
The New Moon is a time of rebirtha time when we are given a chance to start fresh. The New Moon in the quietly ambitious, conservative sign of Capricorn will occur on January 10, 2005, at 7:03 AM EST.
What does that mean for you? The New Moon in Capricorn is a good time to commit to personal goals that express the positive energies of the sign of the Goat:
- set practical, attainable goals;
- work on developing maturity and common sense in the personality;
- considering the future, and preparing for it;
- focus on concrete ways of developing self- discipline and self-mastery;
- give satisfying form to wishes;
- make commitments and recognize responsibilities;
- accept that we are limited, and that, ironically, some of our limitations truly free us to explore deeper dimensions of experience by offering us a secure foundation;
- nurture our dreams in a realistic fashion.
This month’s New Moon is conjunct Chiron, opposite a retrograde Saturn, and square Jupitera configuration that appears somewhat complicated and challenging. Saturn is Capricorn’s ruling planet. As such, this month’s New Moon seems to be urging us to give form to our goals. Saturn’s retrograde motion suggests this is a time for reflection on the past and how we can use lessons from the past in order to build for the future. Recognizing our limitations actually frees us to focus on what matters, where we are, who we are, and where we want to go.
Although New Moon periods are generally considered favorable times for beginning new projects and formulating resolutions, this particular New Moon is a challenged one. As such, it won’t be the best time to sign contracts, start new projects, and the like. It is best to keep the resolutions personal and internal and to hold off, if possible, on actualizing and initiating external endeavors.
The New Moon will occur at 20 degrees and 21 minutes of Capricorn. Where is that position in your own natal chart? Look to the affairs of that house for a more personalized meaning of the New Moon. Read more about the New Moon in the houses.