New Moon in Virgo
This is an archived report. Go to the Current Month’s New Moon Report
New Moon in Virgo, September 3, 2005 at 2:45 PM EDT, at 11° 21′.
The New Moon is a time of rebirtha time when we are given a chance to start fresh. The New Moon in the analytical and humble sign of Virgo will occur on September 3, 2005, at 2:45 PM EDT.
What does that mean for you? The New Moon in Virgo presents an opportune time to commit to personal goals that express the positive energies of the sign of the Virgin:
- build our powers of healthy, constructive discrimination;
- roll up our sleeves and get down to serious work;
- be pro-active, work constructively;
- begin a new project that requires attention to details;
- make lists, actively tick off completed activities, and take pride in our “little” accomplishments;
- start a health regime, research nutrition and vitamins, and pay attention to our diet;
- set up specific routines that will help us manage our lives in constructive and mindful ways;
- learn the “power of now” and of mindfulness–focus on the present and learn to enjoy it without slipping into guilt from the past or worry about the future;
- handle the “little” details of our day-to-day life in an organized, step-by-step fashion so that we can free our minds of clutter.
A time of new beginnings, this New Moon occurs near a Venus-Jupiter conjunction, and it opposes Uranus. This is an excellent time to formulate some goals regarding “all things Virgo”. Concentrate on new ways to get your day-to-day life organized. Think about the keywords for this particular and earthy sign — such things as analytical, intelligent, reserved, critical, helpful, conscientious — and consider ways to incorporate these traits into your personality. With the New Moon’s opposition to Uranus, we need to re-organize in unusual ways; and with the Venus-Jupiter conjunction in Libra, it’s an excellent cycle for infusing your romantic life with fun, good-spirited energy. Boosts of optimism and good faith will help us discover new ways of deriving enjoyment of living in the present.
Some of Virgo’s “lessons” involve learning to make sense of our lives by focusing on tangible, practical matters. If you’ve ever allowed such things as paying bills, handling paperwork, and organizing drawers or closets go to the wayside for an extended period of time, you’ve probably experienced some level of chaos (and the vague feeling of guilt that goes with it). Tackling piles of bills, handling emails as they come in, sorting through drawers and closets, and other such menial tasks is surprisingly relieving. Freeing our minds of unnecessary clutter is one of Virgo’s lessons, and the New Moon in Virgo presents an ideal time to commit to such a task. Another important lesson that we can learn from Virgo is the art of discrimination. Virgo natives can sometimes be criticized for criticizing! Well-developed critical faculties, however, aid us to cut out some of the fluff or the chaos in our lives, and allow us to spot problematic situations. We all need to do a balancing act with regards to opening our minds to others and to situations, versus deciding what and who to cut out.
The New Moon will occur at 11 degrees and 21 minutes of Virgo (11°21′). Where is that position in your own natal chart? Look to the affairs of that house for a more personalized meaning of the New Moon. Read more about the New Moon in the houses.