New Moon in Gemini
This is an archived report, although the general description of a New Moon in Gemini applies in a general sense to any Gemini New Moon.
New Moon in Gemini, June 6, 2005 at 5:55 PM EDT.
The New Moon is a time of rebirth–a time when we are given a chance to start fresh. The New Moon in the curious and communicative sign of Gemini will occur on June 6, 2005, at 5:55 PM EDT.
What does that mean for you? The New Moon in Gemini presents an excellent time to commit to personal goals that express the positive energies of the sign of the Twins:
- improve our communication skills by listening to others and enjoying others’ points of view, rather than doggedly seeking to find that one “answer”;
- take the time to socialize and enjoy others–whether they are neighbors, friends, family, or acquaintances–just for the simple pleasure of doing so;
- re-evaluate our communication and social skills by questioning just how much we actually take in information, and communicate in a friendly, non-threatening manner;
- find new venues to express ourselves and to learn by awakening our own curiosity, and refining our writing, speaking, teaching, and listening skills;
- add some mental variety to our lives;
- begin a new project that involves writing and/or speaking, or that is in the communications field;
- open our minds to gathering more information and facts from our environment.
This month’s New Moon conjuncts Gemini’s ruler, Mercury, making it especially Gemini in nature. Its square to Uranus in Pisces and trine to Neptune in Aquarius suggest the opportunity to infuse intuition with logic. These aspects add the possibility of being in the right place at the right time due to our urge for new experiences combined with enhanced intuition and imagination. Photography, advertising, and promotion are especially favored at this time.
Some of Gemini’s “lessons” involve learning to be comfortable with people– putting them at ease, and feeling at ease ourselves. Instead of communicating with others to prove a point, to come up with an answer to problems, or to get our opinions across, Gemini urges us to truly enjoy the moment. By consciously tuning in to positive Gemini energy, we learn that there isn’t always an answer, and we become comfortable with that idea. As we learn to let ourselves truly listen to others, we learn through others simply by being curious, and we improve our social and communication skills at the same time. We open our minds to more information, and we learn to truly enjoy the variety of different personalities around us. We become more aware of the superficiality of our communications. Although Gemini is sometimes associated with superficial connections and communications, dig a little deeper and you will see that there is much to learn from the light, two-way, and comfortable conversations that characterize the sign.
The New Moon will occur at 16 degrees and 16 minutes of Gemini (16°16′). Where is that position in your own natal chart? Look to the affairs of that house for a more personalized meaning of the New Moon. Read more about the New Moon in the houses.