Free Natal Chart Report – Porphyry Houses
The following free birth chart tool lists planet signs, house positions, and aspects. This is for the Porphyry house system. If you are uncertain about house systems, we suggest using the default system for determining houses, which is Placidus (For the default house system, Placidus, return here). *
Check back from time to time for more interpretations, written by Annie Heese. These delineations are expanded or edited interpretations already found on this site, Cafe Astrology.
**Note that under normal circumstances, you don’t need to change the time zone offset that appears after you enter your birth location. Please don’t adjust the time zone offset unless you know for certain what you’re doing since the default offset incorporates crucial factors (such as daylight savings time) and is in the majority of cases accurate. See also notes below.
Some notes about this birth chart calculator:
- Please be patient when entering your birth city to allow the program to call up the list of locations as sometimes it’s not instantaneous. If you’re just not getting results and can’t submit, it may be that the atlas is busy (GeoNames has certain limits per hour and per day). In this case, you can use this same tool on my sister site, Astrology Cafe here.
- It’s important to enter the city name only or the first several letters of the city in the Birth City field, not the country or state/province/region. For example, if you were born in Fuzhou, Fujian, China, you should enter “fuzhou” or similar and not “fujian” or “china.” It’s better not to overtype – for best results, type in the CITY name and scroll through the list for the correct city.
- **Important: Under normal circumstances, you don’t need to change the time zone offset. Please don’t adjust the time zone offset unless you know for certain what you’re doing since the default offsets incorporate crucial factors, such as daylight savings time, and are in the majority of cases accurate. There may be discrepancies as with all historical time zone atlases, particularly for birth years before 1970, so if you need help with the time zone offset value, send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to mention why you’re writing and include full birth data.
- Note: if there is an error in the Geonames atlas service (that is, if the service cannot find the time zone temporarily), the UTC offset will state “false” instead of a numerical value. Before pressing Submit, please change “false” to the appropriate time zone numeral. If you need help with determining this number, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like a copy of this report to store as a PDF or to print, you can click on the button directly above. With this tool, you have the ability to remove lines from the report before printing – including this one! You can also change the font size to your liking.
Do you prefer the default Placidus House system? If so, you can find the default free natal chart report with Placidus houses here. Or, you can use Koch houses here, Whole Sign houses here, or the Equal house system here.
* The Porphyry house system: After studying astrology and experimenting with house systems, you might elect to use Porphyry, Koch, Whole Sign, Campanus, Equal, or others, or continue with Placidus.
With the Porphyry Houses system, houses are uneven as with Placidus, but while the Midheaven and Ascendant, as well as their opposing houses, remain the same, the other house cusps (2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12) can vary by a few degrees.
See also Cafe Astrology’s Free Reports site, including full interpretations of the natal chart, transits, and compatibility.